Dear friends,
I will not even mention how long it has been. I am writing to say I have missed you and I hope you have missed me too. I hope you left 2007 in good health and 2008 has started off well. 2007 was great to me for the most part. Maybe I will fill you in on the details as time goes. 2008 found me on a boda boda coming from where we managed to get dinner to where we were going to celebrate the new year. And I have to say I was lucky to have been moving somewhere because most people where pushing their cars or waiting in long lines to pay atrociously high prices for petrol. Uganda could not get petrol because of the Kenyan post election crisis. One litre went as high as 10,000 shillings (that is about $6 for quarter a gallon). Well, until now, we enjoyed a city with no traffic jam at all hours of the day (God works in mysterious ways!). Today the situation began to normalize and we are begging for a loss of fuel again...so we can cross the street without running 50 miles/hour.
For those of you who have seen the Ugandan children perform, they are coming again. They will leave Uganda on the 16th of Jan. and start on the west coast (SF). They will probably be in your city before you know it. The group is now Spirit of Uganda. You can find more information about performances at www.empowerafricanchildren.org
I hope you're well. Happy primaries those of you in the US.
Much much love,
Agie
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment